Saturday, October 23, 2010

EXAM

I just finished watching the movie EXAM, which is a thriller written and directed by Stuart Hazeldine. This is one of those movies that has a low budget, but that doesn't hold it back at all. I would compare to movies like Saw, The Man From Earth, or even 12 Angry Men, because of the fact that it has only one setting and it utilizes that setting to a great effect. The main plot of this movie is about eight people form all walks of life, trying to win a job at this big company, they are given an "exam", which they are told is "one question, with one answer". These candidates are also given a set of rules that they are not allowed to break, for if they do they are disqualified. The problem with their exam is that they can't find the question anywhere, they try working together and then separately, some rivalries growing between the different candidates, but mostly to no avail. The acting in this movie, for the most part, is fairly good, there are a couple people who I could have done without, but for a low budget movie, it does pretty well. I generally like the different ways the characters interacted with each other and their environment and, although I wasn't completely happy with the outcome, I would give this movie a rating of about 3.8/5.

I am now about to begin my viewing of the Elephant Man, a movie I've been meaning to watch for a long time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment